Maple Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, bring the vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; add maple syrup. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to maple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Place chops on a broiler pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Drizzle with maple glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 530 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer