Maple Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, bring the vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat; add maple syrup. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to maple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place chops on a broiler pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Drizzle with maple glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Maple Glazed Pork Chops(4)
Sort By :
Didn't look like it should've but boy did it taste good
Very easy to make and we loved it!
This had a wonderful flavor, but the thick layer of brown sugar made such a hard crust that it was difficult to eat. Next time I'll try cutting down on the amount of brown sugar, making a thinner sugar "crust". Also, if you don't want a nightmare clean up job, grease the pan!
This was a wonderful recipe and would work fine with boneless pork chops as well. The mix of the sweet and tart was just right. I broiled them right in the baking pan and that worked fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >