Maple-Glazed Parsnips on Kale Recipe
This recipe is special to me because it allows me to use delicious farm-fresh produce in a way my family loves. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 2 pounds medium parsnips, cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound kale, stems removed, cut into 1-in. strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or juice
- 1. In a large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add parsnips and maple syrup. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until syrup is almost evaporated and parsnips are caramelized, stirring frequently.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add shallot; cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add kale; sprinkle with salt. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add cider; reduce heat to low. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- 3. To serve, spoon kale onto a large plate; top with parsnips. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup parsnips with 1/2 cup kale: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Parsnips on Kale
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC