There's a sweet hint of spring in the vegetable medley Bill Richards drizzles with reduced-calorie pancake syrup. "I enjoy adapting recipes I find in my wife's magazines," the creative cook shares from Ironwood, Michigan. "This different side dish goes with many of the entrees I make when our family comes to dinner."
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound parsnips, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook and stir carrots and parsnips over medium heat in butter for 5 minutes. Combine the pancake syrup, orange juice, orange peel and salt; pour over carrot mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Uncover; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and syrup mixture thickens and coats vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Parsnips and Carrots in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p52
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Parsnips and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review