Maple-Glazed Kabobs Recipe
- 8 small new potatoes or 1 large potato, cut into 8 chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into 8 pieces (2 inches each)
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 large green or large sweet red pepper
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Cut pork into 12 equal pieces and pepper into eight chunks. Onto four metal or wood skewers, thread meat and vegetables alternately; set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, syrup and orange peel; cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- 4. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn and baste with butter mixture. Cook for 12-14 minutes longer or until the meat juices run clear, turning and basting frequently. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 627 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Kabobs
"Nice flavor! Next time I'd boil the carrots until crisp-tender before skewering. Our pork was starting to dry out and the carrots were still too crisp for our liking. Or maybe I'll use squash insted of the carrots."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.