Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon skin side up over medium-hot heat for 2-4 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 21 in.). Spoon some of the reserved marinade over salmon. Fold foil around fillet and seal tightly. Grill 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open slowly to allow steam to escape.
- 4. Brush with remaining marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (4 ounces cooked salmon) equals 254 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.