- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, skin side down, over medium-hot heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 21 in.). Spoon some of the reserved marinade over salmon. Fold foil around fillet and seal tightly. Grill 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open slowly to allow steam to escape. Brush with remaining marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon
Sort By :
"A family favorite! I use the maple syrup my dad makes and it's always moist and delicious."
"Sticky, but yummy!"
"I make this for club meetings/gathers and everyone always wants the recipe. It is a salmon that I make as both an entree and as an appetizer served with crackers."
"This was delicious! Absolutely a keeper with my family, very easy to make too!"
"Absolutely the best!"