Maple-Glazed Green Beans Recipe
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir cranberries, syrup, salt, pepper and, if desired, bourbon into onion mixture. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Green Beans(5)
Sort By :
This is the best green bean recipe I have ever had!! Made this for Easter and doubled the recipe. It was all gone! I also used the steamer green beans. Definately will make again and again!
I have made these several times, and they are great. I like the sweet flavor that the maple syrup gives them.
What a delight to have green beens taste so flavorable with such a wonderful aroma! My husband loved them and I would make them again in a flash!
Yum! I used dried onion in a pinch and it worked really well too!
OMG these were sooooo good i could have eaten them all! I used 2 frozen steamable bags of whole greenbeans and didn't add the bourbon,it was amazing! This will be made many many times in my house.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >