- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir cranberries, syrup, salt, pepper and, if desired, bourbon into onion mixture. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Green Beans
"WOW! The flavor was not at all what I was expecting, but I mean that in a good way. I opted for adding in the bourbon and I'm so glad I did. I think it gave it an extra zing. Instead of actual bacon strips, I used the bottled real bacon. Then I just put some canola oil in with the bacon and onion. Next time I might cut back on the cranberries just a bit. Also, I think the onion amount is WAY off. I only used about 3 or 4 slices of a large onion, and I still thought it was too much. That is only personal preference items, so this recipe gets 5/5 from me! Will definitely make again!"
"This is a nice way to dress up regular green beans for the holidays."
"I wasn't sure where I got this recipe, but it was so delicious I went searching for it just to rate it! I used frozen beans from my garden (which I blanched) and I can't say enough good about this recipe. I also substituted cranberries that I had dehydrated last year. Awesome Awesome Awesome bean dish!"
"Thank you! So happy everyone loves my green bean recipe! You can make asparagus the same way! So delicious!"