- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir cranberries, syrup, salt, pepper and, if desired, bourbon into onion mixture. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Green Beans
"I cut this recipe in half. I baked thick cut bacon in strips then cut it up. I added chopped onion to the baking sheet and returned it to the oven to cook. I had on hand some fresh green beans that I had blanched already. Mixed it all together and asked DH to taste ...he wanted to eat his share then and there!!! Sooo good! Will definitely make this again!"
"I'd like to add another 5 Star Review to this one * Totally tasteful and Elegant. I sauted the green beans instead of steaming and at the very end I added some toasted pecans * This truly is a wonderful recipe.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"WOW! The flavor was not at all what I was expecting, but I mean that in a good way. I opted for adding in the bourbon and I'm so glad I did. I think it gave it an extra zing. Instead of actual bacon strips, I used the bottled real bacon. Then I just put some canola oil in with the bacon and onion. Next time I might cut back on the cranberries just a bit. Also, I think the onion amount is WAY off. I only used about 3 or 4 slices of a large onion, and I still thought it was too much. That is only personal preference items, so this recipe gets 5/5 from me! Will definitely make again!Update: made this again tonight. I lowered the amount of cranberries and onion. PERFECT. I've found the perfect combination :)"
"This is a nice way to dress up regular green beans for the holidays."
"I wasn't sure where I got this recipe, but it was so delicious I went searching for it just to rate it! I used frozen beans from my garden (which I blanched) and I can't say enough good about this recipe. I also substituted cranberries that I had dehydrated last year. Awesome Awesome Awesome bean dish!"
"Thank you! So happy everyone loves my green bean recipe! You can make asparagus the same way! So delicious!"
"My family loves this recipe. "Best green beans ever.""
"This is the best green bean recipe I have ever had!! Made this for Easter and doubled the recipe. It was all gone! I also used the steamer green beans. Definately will make again and again!"