Maple-Glazed Green Beans Recipe
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion and bacon over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir cranberries, syrup, salt, pepper and, if desired, bourbon into onion mixture. Add beans; heat through, tossing to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Green Beans(8)
Sort By :
Thank you! So happy everyone loves my green bean recipe! You can make asparagus the same way! So delicious!
My family loves this recipe. "Best green beans ever."
These are so good even people who don't normally eat vegetables will eat these, my brother asked for seconds on Thanksgiving and demanded them for Christmas; although he's the original "Mr Meat and Potatoes" guy.
This is the best green bean recipe I have ever had!! Made this for Easter and doubled the recipe. It was all gone! I also used the steamer green beans. Definately will make again and again!
I have made these several times, and they are great. I like the sweet flavor that the maple syrup gives them.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >