Maple-Glazed Fruit Rings Recipe
This recipe pleasantly proves that fruit doesn't just taste great cold. The pineapple and oranges topped with a sweet glaze will warm you up on winter mornings. Or use the glaze to top vanilla ice cream or pound cake slices and serve as a dessert.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple slices, drained
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place pineapple and orange slices on a broiler pan. Combine the maple syrup, marmalade and vanilla; brush over fruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 124 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC