Maple-Glazed Cinnamon Chip Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in cinnamon chips. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 2. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over top. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Cinnamon Chip Bars
"Excellent! I had a really hard time finding cinnamon chips. I was glad I finally found them. These were delicious!"
"These straight out of the oven are 5 star. The next day, they were only 4 star. But the smell when I opened the can the next morning was divine."
"Completely delicious! My family & guests loved these - great recipe! :)"
"<p>This almost tasted like a coffee cake with a maple glaze on it. It was sooo good! I think this may become a commonly used recipe in my house!</p>"