Maple-Glazed Cinnamon Chip Bars
Cinnamon chips and a maple glaze add fabulous flavor. When I make these, the kitchen smells like Christmas. The glaze fancies them up a bit. —Lyndi Pilch, Springfield, Missouri
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown
- sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl,
- mix flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed
- mixture. Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan
- on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over