Maple-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cider until smooth. Stir in syrup and onion powder; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and turn to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons glaze equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.