Maple-Glazed Chicken Wings
Meet the Cook: Some wonderful maple syrup I brought back from my last trip to Vermont is what inspired my recipe. These wings have been a hit with family and friends. They're very versatile - use them for TV snacks, hors d'oeuvres for parties or showers, or appetizers...or double or triple the recipe and make the wings a main dish you can serve with a salad or corn on the cob on the side.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 2 to 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a
- large resealable plastic bag, combine remaining ingredients. Set
- aside 1 cup for basting and refrigerate. Add chicken to remaining
- marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours,
- turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill or broil, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until juices run
- clear, basting and turning several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: The wings may be baked in a 375° oven for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a