- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cider until smooth. Stir in syrup and onion powder; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and turn to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Chicken
"Gourmet-quality recipe that is so easy and so quick."
"This is so good! And easy! I'll definitely be making it again!"
"I made this on a whim for something fast and easy. It couldn't have been any better, the flavors combined wonderfully and it was so quick I almost didn't have time to make my instant mashed potatoes!"
"I didn't have apple juice, but I had apple butter. So, I substituted 1/4 apple butter and 1/4 water for the apple juice. Worked great. Nice flavor, quick and easy."
"This was delicious! The only thing I did a little different was at the end after thickening sauce and returning chicken to pan, I continued to keep it over the heat turning chicken often until the sauce almost "caramelized" to the chicken...about 5-7 more minutes. The chicken remained moist on the inside and wonderfully sticky and flavorful on the outside."