Maple-Glazed Apple Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom crust. Place half of the apples in the crust; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugars, gingersnaps, cinnamon, nuts and butter; sprinkle half over apples in crust. Top with remaining apples and sugar mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top and place over apples; seal. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring syrup to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Remove pie from oven; remove foil and brush hot syrup over pie and into vents. Return pie to oven and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Apple Pie(3)
Sort By :
I've made this for my husband's grandfather several times - made him declare me a "professional pie maker" (and it was the first time I'd ever made a pie!). :)
Our favorite way to enjoy apple pie. Absolutely delicious and very pretty presentation as well.
BEST apple pie recipe I've ever had! I normally have one piece just to see how my pie turned out and then leave the rest for the family. Well, I have to fight myself to let the kids and hubby have more than one piece of this!