Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, at 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash(4)
Sort By :
Love this , i grate an apple and add along with a pat of butter in eaxh half. Yum!
I am eating this now! There are only two of us and we eat small portions, so I halved this. It is so good! The remaing maple syrup-brown Sugar mixture, I poured over a ham steak. Thank you for a delicious supper!
These were pretty good. They weren't spectacular but they were good. We used more than one acorn squash and then cut them up into pieces when we were done so that a lot of people could enjoy them.
Used butternut squash and cooked in microwave for 20 min, then oven for glaze. very good!
More Recipe Collections
- Acorn Squash Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Squash Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >