- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, at 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash
Sort By :
"Had this for supper. Enjoyed. Used real maple syrup so I think it was a little sweet. Next time I make this I will take a fork and prick the squash so the glaze has a chance to penetrate the squash."
"I used Elaine D's idea and grated some apple into the center for the last 15 minutes or so. It was really good!"
"Will probably use less sugar next time, but these were good."
"Love this , i grate an apple and add along with a pat of butter in eaxh half. Yum!"
"I am eating this now! There are only two of us and we eat small portions, so I halved this. It is so good! The remaing maple syrup-brown Sugar mixture, I poured over a ham steak. Thank you for a delicious supper!"