With a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze, this squash becomes pleasantly sweet. This is comfort food—easy to prepare and a tasty pairing with a pork entree. —Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, at 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash in Reminisce August/September 2008, p49
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review