Maple-Gingerroot Vegetables Recipe
My family loves this recipe because it brings out the lovely flavors of the vegetables. Even my children enjoy it...they love the drizzle of maple syrup! It's a tasty way to introduce kids to turnips, rutabaga and parsnips, too. —Kelli Ritz Innisfail, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 small carrots, sliced
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add the oil, ginger, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Drizzle with syrup. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Yield: 24 servings.
3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC