Maple-Gingerroot Vegetables Recipe
- 5 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 5 small carrots, sliced
- 3 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; add the oil, ginger, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Drizzle with syrup. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring once. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Maple-Gingerroot Vegetables
Sort By :
Delicious! I made this exactly as written for a family dinner.
These tasted great! I served them with a turkey dinner ... added the leftover veggies (cut in small pieces) to the turkey soup the next day ... they added great flavour to the soup.
Yum! Made almost as directed except substituted gold potatoes for the turnips and rutabaga. Also left out the red onion and added several cloves of minced garlic. Paired this with a venison roast and it stole the show! The vegetables had just the right hint of sweet and absolutely melted in your mouth. Will be enjoying this all winter long!