Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
"Great new way to add color to our plate . Family favorite!!"
"I love these! My mom would also add a bit of grated orange peel and toasted almonds. Delicious and a staple during the holidays!"