Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots Recipe
I first made this dish for my family and friends one Thanksgiving. Not only are the carrots lovely on the table, they taste terrific, too! —Jeannette Sabo, Lexington Park, Maryland
- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC