- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p162
Reviews for Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2016
"Great new way to add color to our plate . Family favorite!!"
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2014
"I love these! My mom would also add a bit of grated orange peel and toasted almonds. Delicious and a staple during the holidays!"