- 4 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the carrots, water, 2 tablespoons butter and ginger. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 6-8 minutes longer or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining butter. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p162
Reviews for Maple-Ginger Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
A wonderful, healthy addition to our fall dinners and also Spring with fresh lamb and Asparagus. Went well with our Turkey at Thanksgiving meal. Bright and delightful.
Thank you everyone loved it.