- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. Butter the sides of a small heavy saucepan with 1 teaspoon butter; add the sugar, cream, corn syrup and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Add maple flavoring and remaining butter (do not stir). Cool to 110° without stirring, about 1 hour. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes or until fudge begins to thicken. With a clean dry wooden spoon, stir in walnuts until fudge begins to lose its gloss, about 5 minutes.
- Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for Maple Ginger Fudge(5)
Sort By :
I followed the recipe exactly , the taste is wonderful. But the texture is grainy like sand nothing like fudge. I'm very disappointed
The maple and ginger really compliment each other quite well. 4.5 stars.
http://www.printablecouponsanddeals.com has tons of great coupons for this or any recipe!
the only bad thing is my dad can't eat walnuts :(
The taste of this was wonderful. However, it did not set for me, despite having my husband beat it with a wooden spoon for over 5 minutes. I will stick to my easy setting marshmallow creme fudge recipe and just try using ginger and maple for my flavoring.
Yum! This fudge is delicious. It's moist, creamy and melts in your mouth. Leave it out to get this texture. If you put it in the fridge it gets kind of dry and crumbly. You can't taste the ginger, just maple, but it's really good!
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Fudge >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fudge >
- Fudge Candy >
- Fudge Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Candy >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Homemade Fudge >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >