Maple French Toast Casserole Recipe
When I first served this to family visiting from California, they all wanted the recipe. I'd never had so many compliments on my cooking before! The recipe was originally from my grandmother, given to me on my wedding day.—Melissa Faye Paxton, Clifton Forge, Virginia
- 7 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup warm heavy whipping cream (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional maple syrup
- 1. Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; press down gently. Sprinkle with raisins. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in whipping cream and syrup; mix well. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add to cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Pour evenly over bread; lightly press bread into egg mixture with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set and the top is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 442 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 283 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC