- 7 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup warm heavy whipping cream (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional maple syrup
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; press down gently. Sprinkle with raisins. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in whipping cream and syrup; mix well. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour evenly over bread; lightly press bread into egg mixture with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set and the top is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Maple French Toast Casserole
"Delicious! Even after I lightened it up a bit with whole grain bread and fat free cream cheese. Definately a keeper!"
"Great recipe. Made this up Christmas Eve for Christmas breakfast and it was a hit. Made a hectic Christmas morning a lot easier."
"I served this recipe to six lovely and talented collegiates staying with us last weekend. It went over very well. I also changed the recipe a bit by adding the extra cream cheese and next time I think I would also increase the liquid just a bit. Other than that, I found it very tasty and will add this to my "company for breakfast" recipes!!!!"
"This is very good. Mixes up quickly, smells wonderful and was enjoyed by all when I took it into the office. It's a keeper!"
"AWESOME!!! The Best ever!! Served it to company and they ALL loved it! Said it tasted just like their Mother's!!"