Maple French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 7 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup warm heavy whipping cream (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional maple syrup
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; press down gently. Sprinkle with raisins. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in whipping cream and syrup; mix well. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour evenly over bread; lightly press bread into egg mixture with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set and the top is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Maple French Toast Casserole(7)
Sort By :
Great recipe. Made this up Christmas Eve for Christmas breakfast and it was a hit. Made a hectic Christmas morning a lot easier.
I served this recipe to six lovely and talented collegiates staying with us last weekend. It went over very well. I also changed the recipe a bit by adding the extra cream cheese and next time I think I would also increase the liquid just a bit. Other than that, I found it very tasty and will add this to my "company for breakfast" recipes!!!!
This is very good. Mixes up quickly, smells wonderful and was enjoyed by all when I took it into the office. It's a keeper!
AWESOME!!! The Best ever!! Served it to company and they ALL loved it! Said it tasted just like their Mother's!!
My family of five LOVED this recipe and now cheer every time I make it.