Maple French Toast Bake
"This yummy French toast casserole is a breeze to whip up the night before a busy morning," assures Cindy Steffen of Cedarburg, Wisconsin. "My family loves the richness it gets from cream cheese and maple syrup."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 12 slices bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Additional maple syrup
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking
- dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread. In a large bowl,
- whisk the eggs, milk and syrup; pour over bread. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes
- before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve with additional syrup.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.