Maple-Drizzled Apple Muffins Recipe
I've been baking for years and enjoy seeing the smiles on family members' faces whenever they sample one of my treats...like these delicious muffins!
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 12 pecan halves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix milk, butter, syrup and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and syrup; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC