Maple-Dijon Sprouts & Sausage Recipe
Dijon mustard and maple syrup tickle the taste buds in this yummy skillet supper with sausage and plenty of veggies. Add a convenient package of couscous, and you’ve got dinner on the table in just 30 minutes. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 4 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, casings removed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (5.8 ounces) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink; drain. Add Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, carrots and onion; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the syrup, mustard, sage and pepper; cover and cook 4-6 minutes longer or until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Serve with sausage mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Dijon Sprouts & Sausage in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Maple-Dijon Sprouts & Sausage(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2012
Simple, easy and tasty! My hubby and I will be making this one again.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >