Maple-Dijon Sprout Medley Recipe
Sweet maple syrup pairs perfectly with Dijon mustard in this party-perfect veggie dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1. Place the brussels sprouts, onions and carrots in a steamer basket; place in Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. In a microwave, melt butter and syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in the mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 216 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC