Maple-Dijon Sprout Medley
Sweet maple syrup pairs perfectly with Dijon mustard in this party-perfect veggie dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Diamond of California Walnut Halves, toasted
- Place the brussels sprouts, onions and carrots in a steamer basket;
- place in Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and
- steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large
- In a microwave, melt butter and syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in the
- mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 216 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.