Sweet maple syrup pairs perfectly with Dijon mustard in this party-perfect veggie dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Place the brussels sprouts, onions and carrots in a steamer basket; place in Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a microwave, melt butter and syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in the mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Dijon Sprout Medley in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p52
Reviews for Maple-Dijon Sprout Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review