Maple-Dijon Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Ordinary brussels sprouts get jazzed up with a sweet, tangy sauce in this festive side dish. Even those who normally steer clear of sprouts will ask for seconds of these!Holly Scarborough, Melbourne, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut an “X” in the core of each brussels sprout. In a large skillet,
- saute brussels sprouts in butter for 4-5 minutes or until lightly
- Stir in the broth, mustard, syrup and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and stir 8-10
- minutes longer or until brussels sprouts are tender. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.