Maple Creme Brulee Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat cream until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, brown sugar and cinnamon. Remove cream from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in maple flavoring.
- 2. Transfer to three 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add 1 in. of boiling water to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Carefully remove ramekins from slow cooker; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. For topping, combine sugar and brown sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 4. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving equals 578 calories, 44 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 350 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Creme Brulee
"Possibly 4 1/2 hrs for just 3 servings seems a bit outrageous."