Maple Cream Meringue Pie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in syrup and cream. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 389 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Cream Meringue Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.