Maple Cream Fruit Topping
Transform fruit salad into a special brunch treat with a dollop of this rich and creamy topping from Bethel Walters of Willow River, Minnesota. "The topping is also wonderful spooned over sliced melons," she says.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a saucepan, combine flour, syrup and egg until smooth. Add butter.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- Cover and refrigerate until completely cooled. Fold in whipped cream.
- Serve over fruit. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 78 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.