Maple Cream Fluff
Mmm-maple is the featured flavor in this rich and nutty dessert. It's a nice change-of-pace contribution to a holiday potluck. I've yet to come home with leftovers!
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers), divided
- In a large saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water; let stand for 1
- minute. Cook and stir over low heat (do not boil) until gelatin is
- dissolved, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; slowly stir in
- syrup. Set pan in ice water; whisk in milk. Continue whisking until
- mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes; remove pan from ice bath
- and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3/4 cup pecans
- and the maple mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup wafer crumbs into a 13-in. x
- 9-in. dish; top with maple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pecans
- and wafer crumbs.
- Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate any
- leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.