Maple Cream Fluff Recipe
Mmm-maple is the featured flavor in this rich and nutty dessert. It's a nice change-of-pace contribution to a holiday potluck. I've yet to come home with leftovers!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 60 wafers), divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat (do not boil) until gelatin is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; slowly stir in syrup. Set pan in ice water; whisk in milk. Continue whisking until mixture has thickened, about 10 minutes; remove pan from ice bath and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 3/4 cup pecans and the maple mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup wafer crumbs into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with maple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and wafer crumbs.
- 3. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC