“With just four ingredients, these moist and flavorful chicken breasts are a cinch to prepare,” says Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. “The tart cranberry sauce contrasts nicely with the sweet maple syrup.”
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine syrup and 3/4 cup cranberry sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°, basting frequently with syrup mixture.
- Warm the remaining cranberry sauce; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Maple Cranberry Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p13
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Maple Cranberry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review