I brought this recipe with me from Quebec after my husband and I were married. The rich maple flavor impressed my in-laws the first time I made dinner for them.—Anne-Marie Fortin, Swanton, Vermont
- 3 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and ground cinnamon
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place ribs in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour half over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until tender, basting often with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Maple Country Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p44
Reviews for Maple Country Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review