- 3 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and ground cinnamon
- Place ribs in a Dutch oven. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place ribs in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour half over ribs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until tender, basting often with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Maple Country Ribs
"Oh my gosh these ribs were really good. Not even any left over. Will be making them again but will have to double it."
"Good recipe. I usually make my ribs in the crockpot, and I still prefer that way. Next time I'll use foil to cover my baking pan to help with cleanup."
"Very tender fall off the bone ribs."
"Delicious way to make ribs... and the Maple Syrup is the perfect touch of New England goodness!!!"
"I cook for 4 picky eaters, and they all LOVED this recipe! The flavors blend so nicely."
"My husband said these were the best ribs he's ever had!! I didn't find it that much work and will definately be adding them to our dinner rotation!"
"These were outstanding ribs, especially considering the time involved. I joined this site just so I could comment. Truly unbelievable. I omitted/substituted ingredients here and there, but nothing that would greatly alter the overall product. I was very attentive to the basting, and then finished on about 400 degrees. I think this was key. Everyone raved and raved. A bit sweet for my taste, but no one else said a word. 6lbs of ribs went down quickly. Did it on a Friday night after a very tiring day and still found time to make rice and asparagus. Blew my mind that I could get ribs this good without using a grill."
"These are really good!! Easy too! I am making them again today. Being from St. Albans, Vt. I love everything that has good ol maple syrup in it."
"Very nice, simple recipe - I really like the added lemon flavor with the maple. Delicious!"