Maple Cinnamon Biscuits
Pass around a basket of these oven-fresh biscuits for a memorable breakfast or brunch. Full of maple and cinnamon flavors, they're enhanced by a scattering of nuts. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar,
- baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and syrup just until
- moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in.
- thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk;
- sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.