Maple Cinnamon Biscuits Recipe
Pass around a basket of these oven-fresh biscuits for a memorable breakfast or brunch. Full of maple and cinnamon flavors, they're enhanced by a scattering of nuts. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and syrup just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC