With its generous portions, this recipe is great for a potluck or family reunion. I also love this entree because the chicken thighs and country-style ribs are affordable.
Recommended: Top 10 5-Ingredient Dinners
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole star anise
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 pork spareribs (about 5-1/2 pounds)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide 1-1/2 cups marinade between two large resealable plastic bags; add spareribs and chicken to separate bags. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place ribs and chicken, skin side up, in separate greased shallow roasting pans.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Chicken 'n' Ribs in Country August/September 2009, p49
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Maple Chicken 'n' Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review