Maple-Chestnut Cheesecake Recipe
There are so many delightful flavors that perfectly complement each other in this rich, impressive cheesecake. The hint of cinnamon in the crust goes wonderfully well with the maple-brown sugar filling. The homemade maple-glazed chestnuts just takes it over the top.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- CANDIED CHESTNUTS:
- 1 package (7 ounces) whole cooked and peeled chestnuts, quartered
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups maple syrup to a low boil; cook until reduced to about 1 cup. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour, vanilla, salt and cooled syrup. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For candied chestnuts, in a small bowl, combine sugar and salt. Add chestnuts; toss to coat. Spread evenly onto a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-19 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once after 10 minutes. Immediately transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cool completely.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake with chestnuts and maple syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Chestnut Cheesecake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p32
Reviews for Maple-Chestnut Cheesecake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >