Maple Cherry Syrup Recipe
This fruity warm syrup will add flair and flavor to pancakes, waffles or French toast at your breakfast table. Orange juice, lemon juice and tart cherries mix with traditional maple syrup in this unique recipe.—Cherry Marketing Institute, Jane Baker, Lansing, Michigan
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 orange plus 1 teaspoon grated peel
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus 1/2 teaspoon grated peel
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add cherries. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and cinnamon until butter is melted. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French Toast. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (3 tablespoons) equals 209 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC