This fruity warm syrup will add flair and flavor to pancakes, waffles or French toast at your breakfast table. Orange juice, lemon juice and tart cherries mix with traditional maple syrup in this unique recipe.—Cherry Marketing Institute, Jane Baker, Lansing, Michigan
Featured In: Homemade Syrup Recipes
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 orange plus 1 teaspoon grated peel
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus 1/2 teaspoon grated peel
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add cherries. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and cinnamon until butter is melted. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French Toast. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Maple Cherry Syrup in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p19
Reviews for Maple Cherry Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review