- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 orange plus 1 teaspoon grated peel
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus 1/2 teaspoon grated peel
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add cherries. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and cinnamon until butter is melted. Serve over pancakes, waffles or French Toast. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Maple Cherry Syrup in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p19
Reviews for Maple Cherry Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review