"Nutritious carrots are extra sweet and appealing in this simple-to-fix recipe," says Beatrice Fulton of Bellevue, Washington. "Tarragon and maple syrup might seem like an odd combination, but those flavors combine well in this side dish."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Stir in syrup and tarragon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 66 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.