Maple Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 6 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, syrup and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Carrot Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Did other reviewers use real maple syrup, or just the regular pancake type syrup? (ie Aunt Jemima or Mrs Butterworths)"
"These were fantastic. The maple flavor really came through and made the finished product unique. I had no issues with the rising or otherwise."
"teryn69 we have made these for years, and years, and never once had a problem with them rising. Maybe you can check your baking powder, sometimes if it's old, it does not work as well!!! Hope you give them another try...they truly do come out great for us each time! =)"
"Super moist and good. I love the taste of the maple syrup as the sweetener in both the cake and frosting. The frosting is not at all too sweet as many frostings are. Plenty of batter, and I got 24 nicely rounded cupcakes from it. This is now a favorite cupcake at our house!"
"Glad I read the reviews about the thin frosting before I made it so I added 1 cup of powered sugar to the icing which turned out great and was delicious. However, before I even got to frost the cupcakes, my son ate several unfrosted and raved about how good they were! He then tried one with frosting and felt that the frosting hid the wonderful flavor of the cupcake."