Maple Carrot Cupcakes Recipe
I come from a line of family cooks and have liked to cook and bake since I was young. Mother and Grandmom were always in the kitchen cooking up something delicious. These carrot cupcakes were Grandmom's specialty, and we always have them at family gatherings. —Lisa Ann Panzino DiNunzio, Vineland, New Jersey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 6 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, syrup and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC