- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups grated carrots (about 6 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For frosting, combine the cream cheese, butter, syrup and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Maple Carrot Cupcakes
"I made these last night. They turned out great. More of a muffin though, I thought. I didn't put the cream cheese on top but have no doubt it would be delicious. My family just doesn't care for cream cheese.Someone asked about making only half the recipe. I did this a few weeks ago and it was just fine.Also, regarding maple syrup- use the real thing. It's the best but I'm biased since my family produces maple syrup and we have lots of it to use!!!!"
"Yummy!!!This is an amazing recipe, but instead of making muffins I turn it into a slab cake! I also add icing sugar to icing which makes it very creamy and everyone loves it!"
"Did other reviewers use real maple syrup, or just the regular pancake type syrup? (ie Aunt Jemima or Mrs Butterworths)"
"These were fantastic. The maple flavor really came through and made the finished product unique. I had no issues with the rising or otherwise."
"teryn69 we have made these for years, and years, and never once had a problem with them rising. Maybe you can check your baking powder, sometimes if it's old, it does not work as well!!! Hope you give them another try...they truly do come out great for us each time! =)"