Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter; drizzle with syrup.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 165 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes
"I enjoyed it just the way it is."
"I use a 40 oz can of cut yams and sprinkle chopped pecans over the top, absolutely delicious!!"