Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe
A traditional sweet potato bake like this one from our Test Kitchen never goes out of style. It's perfect when you're cooking for a larger group.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12-14 servings
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter; drizzle with syrup.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC