A traditional sweet potato bake like this one from our Test Kitchen never goes out of style. It's perfect when you're cooking for a larger group.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over potatoes. Dot with butter; drizzle with syrup.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly, basting with sauce occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p124
Reviews for Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2016
"I enjoyed it just the way it is."
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2015
"I use a 40 oz can of cut yams and sprinkle chopped pecans over the top, absolutely delicious!!"