Maple Candied Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Our home economists turn leftovers of a sweet potato side dish into this tasty dessert! It can also be prepared with canned sweet potatoes.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup leftover Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Beat in the sweet potatoes, milk, butter, eggs, nutmeg and salt. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For topping, in a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Sprinkle over pie. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Maple Candied Sweet Potato Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC