Maple Butterscotch Brownies
Generally, I'll make a double recipe of these brownies—they go so fast no matter where I take them! I've baked them for family dinners and church suppers, and never had any left over. They're very easy besides plus both keep and freeze well.
I've been cooking since I was 10. My husband is retired, and we have four grown children.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and maple flavoring
- until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg
- mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if
- desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.