Maple Butterscotch Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons imitation maple flavoring
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar, butter and maple flavoring until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Maple Butterscotch Brownies
"Delicious and not overly sweet"
"These are scrumptious! I didn't/wouldn't change a thing. Moist, delicious, simple and quick. Just perfect."
"These brownies are definitely a winner at our house and everyone I've made them really enjoys them. You can find Maple Flavoring at Whole Foods Market. I double the recipe & bake in a large cookie sheet with parchment paper on the bottom."
"I will probably make this again, but as a cake instead of brownies. It would be really good with caramel frosting, but it is way too cakey for my taste by itself."
"I entered these in our local county fair and took home third place. I was excited, this was the first time I had ever enter the food section. I was the only guy who entered but there were several entries in this category. I think if the judges had tasted them I might have taken home first. I will be making these again!"
"I would also like to know if I could use real maple syrup..."
"Question! Could I substitute real maple syrup? If so, how much?"
"I saw this receipe yesterday and made it last night. I loved it. My husband thought it could use more maple flavoring, so the next time I make it, and I will make it again, I will add a little more maple flavoring."